Installing WordPress (The Easy Way)
How to Install WordPress – Complete WordPress Installation Tutorial
WordPress is also known as the most popular blogging platform and CMS.The new users are often surprised when we tell them that WordPress is also well known for its ease of installation.. In most circumstances, it takes less than five minutes to install a complete wordpress . In this WordPress installation tutorial we prefer a complete installation process to a beggineer and a advance alike . We will show you how to install WordPress using XAMPP. We will explain how to install the WordPress manually for our fresh users. Lastly for our beginner and designers, we will show you how to install WordPress on a local computer also.
Things we should know before installing WordPress
Before you begin the install process, here are a few things that you need to have and do.
- Access to your web server
- Ability to create database
- A editor(text)
- An client(ftp)
- Any web browser
To install the wordpress
To begin your installation:
- Should have minimum requirements to install the wordpress,
- Download the most current version of wordpress,
- The downloaded wordpress file should be unzipped to the desired fille,
# Instruction in detailed
First download the wordpress package from wordpress.org and unzipped it.
- If u are going to upload wordpress to a remote web server, download the WordPress package to your computer with a web browser and unzip it.
- In the same directory where you have downloaded the wordpress package, it wil be extracted into a folder called wordpress.
Step2: Creating database and a user
Using PHP MY Admin
If your you have installed phpMYadmin on your web server, you may follow given instructions to create your WordPress username and database.
If a database relating to WordPress does not already exist in the Database dropdown on the left, create one:
- First choose a database name for your wordpress,then enter the database name in choose database filed. Then choose collation of your encoding and language. In most cases it’s better to choose in the “utf8_unicode_ci”.
Set up configuration file
In your browser search localhost/wordpress and then choose your preferred language. Then after that a screen will appear which guide you ahead, click lets go on the appear screen.
Here you should provide the name of the database that you use want to use with wordpress. Provide a username and password for your wordpress.
After completing the above process the following screenshots show the installing progress. In entering the details, enter your site title, user name(as per your desired), password as per your choice (twice) and your email address. If you would like to display your blog to be appear in search engines like google and other, click on the checkbox, if you would like to make your blog visible to everyone leave the box checked. This information can be changed later in Administration screens.
If the wordpress is successfully installed, then the login prompt will be displayed. You can costumise the wordpress using new themes and plugins form the Dashboard. Surf on our other tutorials for the detailed knowledge of WordPress Costumisation.